I consolidated the stories about Fred.

HILL BLOCKS VIEW IS DEAD.

...long live, Hill Blocks View. I miss writing. But the thought of one more round of "welcome backs", or obsessing over stats, or thinking of the clever response to a comment, or the obligation to read everyone else's blog... not so much. So I'll try and write. No pressure. If you feel the need to respond, you can email me. I like email. flipaul@yahoo.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Angel Of Deaf.

I haven't written much lately. I have been busy pursuing my alternate career. It came about, when I discovered an egregious hole in the musical universe. It sickens me to realize that in a world where you can find country rap or gay hardcore punk there is simply nothing for fans of death metal who also happen to be devoid of hearing. I set about to rectify this situation.


   I have been busy writing songs for the debut album of my new band Angel of Deaf. I have been designing the artwork and the layout for the CD. I have been working on band costumes and set pieces for the stage. I have been busy setting up tour dates and writing ridiculous riders for our concert contracts. And next week I go into the studio to finish up recording.
   I would tell you to order my CD, but it's crap. Completely unlistenable. It's worse than a flaming bag of cats playing disco on bagpipes. So, so bad. It will probably be against the Geneva Convention to even own a copy. But since my target demographic can't hear a thing, I didn't really put a premium on practice. Or working on the songs. Or even learning how to play our instruments. But we look great!